Modern Bushcrafters are effectively incorporating Canoe Tripping into their exciting and varied programs. However, taking groups into the dynamic and ever-changing river environment often brings inherent risks. We feel that it is the responsibility of all organizations who venture into this high risk area, to be fully educated and trained in all aspects of Swift Water Rescue techniques and methods. And so it’s fitting that we have a Theme Camp completely dedicated to Swift Water Rescue.
Swift Water Rescue is:
- Knowledge of river features and how to use them
- Assessing moving water risks and hazards
- Learning how to use or deflect the water’s power to help in rescuing endangered people.
- Knowledge of rescue equipment and how to effectively use it.
- Participating in proper training and gaining actual moving water experience
- Using ropes, mechanical advantage systems, and body positioning in moving water environments.
- Understanding decision making process and appropriate rescue efforts.
The Swift Water Rescue Theme Camp offers technical advice, various rope systems, rescue equipment, and information on certifications and training pathways. Look for exciting and interesting interactive sessions with the latest and best equipment in the industry. There may be an opportunity to try out rescue systems at the nearby river system with live rescue simulations.
Note: The Swift Water Rescue theme camp is currently looking for a program sponsor as well as a financial sponsor. If you are interested in providing some of the above, and would like an opportunity to showcase your talents and/or wares, please contact us.